Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dallas (the city, not the show)

I'm headed off to Dallas tomorrow for the Lifetime Fitness US Open Triathlon. With a big prize purse up for grabs, many of the best triathletes in the world will be toeing the start line at this non-drafting, Olympic-distance race. Some might even say that the field is "stacked". Since I have been travelling and racing the past couple of weeks, I am admittedly a bit nervous about how I will perform. Since I felt better this past weekend than the weekend before, I'm hoping that the pattern continues and I feel phenomenal on Sunday!

In addition to having the opportunity to race against the best, I also get to go to Texas for the first time. I'm not sure what to expect other than cowboys, big trucks, big hair and oil rigs. I will be there in the company of my Dad, aka number one fan. As long as I remember ear plugs to counteract the snoring, he makes a great race buddy. He was there for me at the start of my career, driving me to my very first races, and I hope that he continues to follow my career with the same degree of support until the day I retire. As a team, we've come a pretty far way from watching everyone in transition, comparing notes and trying to copy what the experienced triathletes were doing!

No comments: