Tuesday, May 26, 2009

27 going on 8


I've recently puzzled over why I get along so well with kids. Considering my age and gender, could it possibly be due a misplaced maternal instinct?! Possible, but the more likely reason is that I am actually a kid trapped in the body of a 27 year old.

Here is my evidence:
-Wardrobe of a kindergartner (omnipresent ponytail, a predilection for graphic t-shirts, flip-flops), according to Lauren and Clay
-Love of arts & crafts. The messier, the better!
-Piggy bank on my dresser
-A overactive sweet tooth
-Mid-session temper tantrums (just ask my poor coach!)
-Overwhelming urges to splash in mud puddles (I do, but save it for the end of a run to avoid shoe slop)
-Occasional "fights" with Mark Fretta (another big kid), involving chucking objects at one another
-Indisputable need for naps, snacks and frequent exercise
-What I do for a "job" is what other people do for fun

On that note, I am off today to play in Madrid in the first WCS race. Unfortunately, the aforementioned Fretta is my travel partner. Hopefully we won't get thrown off the plane for juvenile antics!

No comments: