Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last Race of the Year Version 2.0

When I went to Bermuda last week to participate in the Escape to Bermuda, I had planned it to be my last race of the year. I couldn't imagine a better place to wrap up the season than this beautiful island! I had a terrific time with a great homestay and was able to use the trip to reconnect with old friends and make new ones. After the race, however, I didn't have the satisfaction that I had been hoping for upon the conclusion of a long season. Leading into the race, I had such a nasty cold that I was able to only ride once and run once that week and was nervous about competing. I was able to scrape out a respectable race, finishing second after a strong swim, decent yet conservative bike and mediocre run on a hard course. Had I been healthy, however, I know that I would have been able to finish up with a race that would leave me more satisfied and confident in my run.

When I returned home on Tuesday, I decided to buy a ticket to San Francisco to compete in the Treasure Island Triathlon. While it is a bit of a last minute trip after a long season chock-full of racing, but I hope to squeek out one last strong performance. I look forward for one last chance to have a solid race! Starting on Sunday, my real 2008 break will begin!

No comments: