Saturday, March 21, 2009

If you need a bike shop in San Diego...

When my new bike sponsor, Ceepo, shipped my new Viper time trial bike to me, I knew that I'd have to find a pretty special bike shop to fit me and set me up on my new rig. I asked fellow triathlete Jordan Rapp (a certified bike-fitter himself) for a recommendation on someone in the area and he sent me to J.T. Lyons at Moment Cycle Sport. After a 2 1/2 hour bike fit, where J.T. methodically and patiently honed in on my best time trial position for triathlon (thankfully not as smooshed and awkward as a cyclist on a TT bike. We have to run off the bike, after all!), he and his team at the shop carefully assembled my new steed. When the bike was finished, J.T. even dropped off the bike at the OTC, a good 40 minutes away from the shop, as I have no reliable means of transportation. Needless to say, that is some pretty incredible customer service!

A triathlete himself, J.T. also gave me some great pointers on Oceanside 70.3, where the bat bike and I will make our 2009 season debut (more on that later). I am confident that I couldn't have had a better team to help me out with my Ceepo Viper, even if I did occasionally get teased by J.T. about looking like a tri geek with my set up! If you ever find yourself in San Diego and in need of a great bike shop, please head to Moment Cycle Sport. I was pretty blown away by the level of attention to detail, depth of knowledge and kindness of J.T. Lyons and his staff there. Thanks, guys!

No comments: