Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Earth Day/ Volunteer Week

Happy Belated Earth Day and happy Volunteer Week! I'm fortunate enough to have two sponsors, Athletes for a Fit Planet and In the Arena, who help me integrate two passions of mine, the environment and community service, into my career as a professional triathlete. Before I came affiliated with these organizations, I struggled with how I could pursue sport full-time and be a contributing member of society at the same time. Now I can spread the green gospel in the triathlon world and try to make a positive impact on some kids when I'm not training!


This week we painted some terra cotta pots and planted some tomato seeds. Here's Lenai helping out...





I'm off to St. Anthony's Triathlon this weekend in St. Petersburg, FL. I've been looking forward to this race because I'll be able to see family and friends and get my first Olympic distance race of the year under my belt.

1 comment:

IAN said...

Nice work at St. Anthony's! You have been quite a bit of praise in various media... all of it well deserved.