Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oh, how hard we can fall...

The McDonalds corporation is pretty much everything that I chose to reject in my life. Rather than risk a lawsuit for libel (heck, you never know), it is suffice to say that I have selected to avoid patronizing the franchise for many years. Today marks a very significant day in my life, as I have freely entered a door bearing the golden arches. While I have done so in order to access free wireless internet, something rather hard to find in Australia, I am ashamed to admit that my need to check my email has driven me to this low point. The worst part is that I will probably return in the future. Free wireless is tough to beat, but the shame...

To focus on the positives, it might mean that I will now write a REAL blog post, talking about my adventures in training in Canberra. Unfortunately, the muzak, florescent lighting and smell of D grade beef in making thought almost impossible. I wonder if that is part of McD's plan...

2 comments:

MarkyV said...

Funny... i have the same riff with wal-mart.

Anonymous said...

So you saying your values and ethics extend only as far as convenience and cash? Hmm.