Sunday, July 24, 2011

Report of a Hamburglary




Last week I travelled to Deutschland for the ultimate Euro-tri experience: the Hamburg WCS race. While we knew that I wouldn’t be firing on all cylinders for the race, given how it fell in relation to our prep for August, I simply couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take part in this great race. We had two objectives for the race: secure my spot for the Pan-American Games team and get more race practice under my belt. With a solid 13th place finish, I was successful on both accounts. I’ve also managed to stay in 7th place in the WCS rankings.


The racing was fast and furious, as we knew that it would be, and my skills were tested on the technical course. Although I would have loved to feel a bit sharper in the race, especially on the run, I’m pleased to have been able to play triathlon with some of my international friends. The Aussie Emmas were absolutely brilliant on the run; they’ve definitely set the bar high in regards to the run standard. Wowzers! Hopefully the work that we are doing right now will get me a bit closer to them the next time when I toe the start line in London.


On a completely unrelated note, I had a short pre-race interview with Universal Sports where I was given the opportunity to share some of my lame cow jokes (or should I say “cheesy”). Here’s a new cow joke for you: “What do you call an unproductive dairy cow?” Answer: “A Milkdud!” or, if you don’t know what a Milkdud is, “And utter failure”. Oh man, too funny...

No comments: